Hardscaping for commercial properties. Hardscaping refers to the specialty of using masonry to add function and beauty to a property, whether that means an outdoor patio for people to lounge or pathways to direct foot traffic around the area. Creating a welcoming and functional environment is essential for the success of your business, and quality hardscapes can do a lot to elevate your property. It creates an eye-popping first impression, and encourages visitors to come back to use and enjoy the totality of your space. If you’re interested in adding hardscaping features to your commercial property or want to make updates to your current landscape, call Smith Masonry today at (314) 894-9500 to talk about your project with a leading St. Louis masonry company.
Hardscaping Elements for Commercial Properties
“Hardscaping” is a general term for the use of non-living elements such as stone, concrete, and metal to augment an outdoor space. Some of the most common examples on commercial properties include:
- Pathways, driving paths, and parking lots — Paving materials can help create an inviting entryway or parking lot for your commercial property. From traditional asphalt to modern interlocking pavers or more ornate designs, there are a variety of materials and styles to choose from. Walkways and paths help people easily navigate your property, and direct both foot and vehicle traffic so there isn’t too much congestion.
- Retaining walls — Retaining walls serve both functional and aesthetic purposes. They can help prevent soil erosion and provide additional support for sloping landscapes. Retaining walls can be designed to fit the style of the rest of the space. In addition to adding color and texture, retaining walls can help create additional spaces such as a gathering space, garden bed, or more walking paths.
- Patios and courtyards — These outdoor spaces provide opportunities for relaxation, socialization, and even outdoor dining, which can attract customers and make your property a place people want to be. Offering a place to hang out outside can improve the mood of everyone around.
- Decorative stone and gravel — Decorative stone and gravel can add texture and contrast to a property’s landscaping. These materials can be used to create garden beds, walkways, or decorative accents. Stone and gravel also require little maintenance, making them a low-cost option for commercial property owners.
- Outdoor lighting — Outdoor lighting is essential for safety and security on a commercial property. It can also be used to highlight architectural features, enhance the property’s visual appeal, and allow people to enjoy your property after dark. From traditional lampposts to modern LED lights, there are a variety of lighting options to choose from.
Benefits of Hardscaping for Commercial Properties
You’ll experience numerous benefits from the hardscaping elements you choose to put on your commercial property. With work done by a professional masonry company, hardscaping can:
- Enhance property value and curb appeal — Hardscaping can significantly increase a property’s value and curb appeal. Well-designed hardscaping can attract new customers and tenants, while also increasing the property’s resale value in the event you decide to sell it.
- Increase functionality and accessibility — Hardscaping elements are felt as much as seen. If people can enjoy your property without putting in too much effort to find their way around or find a place to sit down, they’ll remember they had a good time and will want to come back.
- Accentuate focal points — Some areas or aspects of your property are meant to be shown off. Hardscaping can help point visitors toward those areas and bring attention to aspects of the property you want people to see.
- Provide low-maintenance landscaping — Hardscaping requires less maintenance than traditional landscaping, making it a cost-effective option for commercial property owners. Stone and concrete do not require watering, pruning, or mowing, making them a low-maintenance choice for busy property managers. And they don’t have to be mutually exclusive. With strategic hardscape designs, you can focus more effort toward cultivating and maintaining beautiful landscape highlights.
- Reduce water usage and runoff — Hardscaping can also help reduce water usage and runoff. Poor draining systems can wreak havoc on a property and be a nuisance for customers. Paving materials such as interlocking pavers and permeable concrete can help reduce water runoff and increase groundwater recharge.
Call Smith Masonry for Hardscaping for Your Commercial Property
At Smith Masonry, our landscaping and hardscaping craftsmen are dedicated to their work and take a special pride in projects that challenge their skills and make creative and innovative use of masonry principles. We’d be happy to help enliven and improve your commercial property – it’s what we do. Call us today at (314) 894-9500 to find out more about what we can do for your commercial property.