Quality and Safety, Above All Else
About Smith Masonry
Over 50 ago, the foundation for quality and craftsmanship in masonry was set when John J. Smith started his own company in the St. Louis area. As one of the top 10 largest masonry contractors in the United States, we are ranked among the top in class. A full service masonry company, our work can be seen all over the midwest, dating back 50 years. Among our work are projects such as the University Center at Washington University, SLU Chaifetz Arena, and Ballpark Village. For our high quality workmanship and industry leadership, we have received several awards, including:
- Lead Man Award – MCAA – John J. Smith Sr. earned this distinction from the Masonry Contractors Association of America. Given to one person a year, this award is given to an exemplary member of the community.
- Masonry Institute of St. Louis – Excellence in Masonry – won for both the Plaza in Clayton and the Schneithorst Center.
- International Excellence in Masonry People’s Choice Award – won for the Plaza in Clayton.
- Masonry Institute of St. Louis – In recognition and gratitude for John J. Smith’s contribution to the promotion of the masonry industry.
- AGC St. Louis – First Place Specialty Contractor for Masonry – 2011 and 2012.
- Masonry Contractors Association of St. Louis – Dedication and Leadership Award
- Excellence in Masonry Design
- Excellence in Craftsmanship from the American Institute of Architects
- ASA Safety Award – Div IV – 2013
- ASA St. Louis Member Safety Awards
- ASA Midwest Council Safety Awards
- Honor Award for Excellence in Architecture
Our work portfolio includes a wide variety of industrial, commercial, institutional and hardscaping projects. Our current projects include the new Brown School building at Washington University, the Mercy Center in Mid Rivers, and the University of Missouri – Columbia stadium redesign. Our work and our methods are world class.
We differentiate ourselves from other masonry companies by making sure that our principles, including John J. Smith Jr., have direct, regular contact with operations, individual projects, and every customer. Our leadership is not only extremely involved in our company, but they pour their hearts and souls into the successful operation of the business.